Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Raw Cream of Mushroom Soup

HAPPY 2011!  The new year has started out in it's typical fashion for the Midwest:  cold and blustery.  The best way to ward off a cold winter night is with warm raw soup!  Warm raw soup you ask?  Yes!  It is possible!  This recipe is from the Gone Raw blog.

I think I would like to add some soaked cashews to the sunflower seeds.  Cashews seems to make a creamier cream.  I ended up adding more sunflower seeds to the two cups of water to make a thick soup.  But all in all this was wonderful!  I have four different types of mushrooms so I will try each one.

The Oyster mushrooms have a sweeter flavor than other mushrooms.  Each mushroom has it's own distinct characteristics and flavors and so each soup would be a new taste adventure!  As my mom would say, '"This recipe is a keeper!"'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...