Sunday, January 16, 2011

Not Feeling Well

This weekend I have felt very run down and unbelievably tired.  I haven't felt this tired in such a long time, over six months.  But I know what has caused this... SAD food in my diet.  I allowed myself to eat foods that I knew were going to make me feel tired and sure enough  I am tired.  On top of the fatigue I am sick.  This is a physical sick not any kind of detox.  I woke up with my throat feeling coated and thick and it took forever to get it cleared out.  I haven't made the best food choices either, but it's what sounded good.

 * thick Panera bread with almond butter and raw honey (I did use real butter under it all.)
 * 1/2 a small chicken enchilada (about 3" piece)

I finally decided my body needed a green smoothie.  Since my collards have been on the spicy side lately I chose to add Spirulina instead.  I hope that will take the place of fresh greens.

* Green Smoothie:  3 tsp Spirulina; 1/2 honeydew melon; 3 clemantines; 1/2 lemon, outer peeling
    removed; 1 persimmon

See how green the Spirulina makes the smoothie!

Am I making the best food choices right now?  Maybe not in the grand scheme of things but for now, feeling a bit crummy, I needed my "sick" foods.  No guilt because I hopped right back up and added a green smoothie to finish out my day.  Just what the doctor ordered!  I hope you all have a great week!  Have a green smoothie kind of day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...