Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Taffy Doesn't Make a Meal


I think the title of this post says it all.  For some reason I wasn't feeling up to snuff.  I don't know what was going on.  I wasn't sick even though three in my house had an ugly stomach virus.  But my meal/snacks yesterday was Salt Water Taffy, coffee during the day and veg. stir-fry with a red rice for dinner.  By 8pm I had serious heartburn!  Miserable.  Tired.  Yucky.  Those describe my evening.  

Please don't ask me why I chose such unhealthy foods.  I can't tell you why.  Maybe it was because I had cabin fever (lots of snow and I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to driving in it).  It could have been boredom.  Unfortunately I learned to eat when bored as a child and that is a hard habit to break.  There are plenty of raw vegetables to make salads and smoothies but I chose not to eat that.  I paid for it though!  Today I am nursing my tummy with a green smoothie.

Just a note for all you folks:  Taffy does not make a meal!  Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...