Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starting the new year right!

CHEERS!

What a great way to begin 2011... with a glass of delicious green smoothie.  I will list the ingredients below in case you want to join me in a toast.   I have really been rawkin' it out this week in the new Raw Food Rehab initiative called Resolve 2 Evolve.  This time I decided to set a weight goal for myself, 20 lbs in 11 weeks.  

It has been interesting to see what happens when food no longer becomes the main focus in the day.  I have learned so many things about myself in the past six months.  Not all of it has been pleasant.  I had to admit to myself that I stuffed emotions down with food instead of dealing with the circumstances.  But using raw foods, while better health choices, is still using food as a ramming rod.  
So the first initiative I participated in at The RFR Mansion, Rawk Star Initiative I dealt with dealing with my emotions.

During the next initiative at The Mansion, Falling Into Raw, I put what I had learned in the Rawk Star Initiative into practice.  I had to apologize to my husband at one point because I became quite snarky during all of this.  Food was what I used to not deal with emotions.  And it was during Falling Into Raw that being 95% became easier.  Not second nature, but easier and more natural.  I will say that being at home makes it harder to stay raw.  The food in the house for the rest of the family sometimes call to me.  Some days i will make the choice to eat some and other days I can pass it up.  The second initiative, Falling Into Raw, I put into action what I learned the in Rawk Star.

The next initiative at RFR is Resolve 2 Evolve.  During the next six weeks I will be adding movement/exercise to my days.  This is hard for me because I really don't enjoy exercise.  Hopefully I can learn to like it through fun movements.  A Bollywood exercise video is on its way to me and I will be looking into belly dance lessons.  

If you have a chance please check out Raw Food Rehab.  The love, acceptance and support is fantastic.  We are all on a journey and some of us want to be healthy as we travel.  At RFR we are all at different points of interest on our journeys.  We help each other and the recipes!   Never ending, let me tell you!  If you even think you want to learn more about raw food, visit The Mansion at RFR!  You won't regret it!


Ingredients for the GREEN SMOOTHIE pictured above.
2 large handfuls raw spinach
1/4 to 1/3 honeydew melon, seeds removed
3 to 4 Persian cucumbers*
1/2-inch nubbin fresh ginger
Enough water to make it blend-able*


Blend all ingredients until smooth.  If using a VitaMix add ice or freeze the fruit so your smoothie doesn't get warm.  
*Use 1/2 a regular cucumber, peeled
*Add water until it reaches the consistency you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...