Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brussels Sprouts Don't Have To Be Gross!

Tonight I felt like eating some of the delicious Brussels Sprouts I bought over the weekend.  There are several recipes online for Brussels and some kind of fruit.  My favorite combination is Brussels with pears. It's a great combination of crunch and sweet.  Tonight I wanted to add something extra.

I chopped enough raw Brussels Sprouts to fill my bowl, then diced a half a pear and added it to the bowl.  There were some sliced almonds that sounded nice so a small handful was thrown in.  For the dressing I added Coconut Aminos, about 3 Tablespoons, 3 Tablespoons or so of Raw Agave, a glub of Udo's Oil. Mix it all into the chopped Brussels and pear.  For a topping I added Rice Seasoning which is a mixture of sesame seed, salt, sugar, and seaweed.



Obviously, the Rice Seasoning isn't raw and it contains sugar.  But the amount I added was nominal, about 1 - 2 teaspoons.  It adds a nice Oriental/sushi flavor.  I found this seasoning at the local Oriental market.  There were several to choose from and the price was right.

I gotta say, it was a totally satisfying dinner.  I hope I can remember the recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...