Thursday, October 28, 2010

Merry Grasshopper

This week I have been short of greens.  Not only smoothie greens but spending greens.  It has really put dash on green smoothies and juices.  My body is really craving them, of course!   This morning I thought I would flip through Victoria Boutenko's revised Green for Life and found this great recipe, Merry Grasshopper.  I just happened to have the ingredients!  Woo hoo!  

Merry Grasshopper
1 cup wheat grass
2 bananas
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 inch ginger
2 cups water
Blend until smooth.
Yields 1 quart

I used half wheat grass, half flat leaf parsley and it tastes great!


When I drank that first sip (okay it was actually more a gulping action than sipping) it was like my body heaved such a satisfied sigh.  If you don't have Victoria's book I highly recommend Green for Life. It is packed with great information, facts, testimonials, and delicious recipes.

Stay Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...