Saturday, October 9, 2010

October - Breast Cancer Awareness Month




It's been nearly two years since my mom died from breast cancer.  I miss her.  Even though we didn't always get along she was my mom and I loved her.
The hardest part of the cancer was watching my mom's body deteriorate. The last year of her life her mind deteriorated.  That was just one ofe the hardest part.  My quick-witted mom became a six year old little girl.
This year my mom missed the high school graduations of two of her grand kids and the marriage of her oldest granddaughter.  When she first went to CTCA she told everyone there she had to beat the cancer because she had wedding bouquets to make for her four granddaughters.  It was sometimes difficult planning the wedding and knowing how much fun she would have had.


To my mom:  I miss you.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...