Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Autumn Weather




The weather is finally taking a turn for cooler temperatures.  The other day we had a nice strong breeze that cooled things down.  The only thing missing were the swirling leaves.  Oh I am so ready for cooler temperatures, beautiful bold Autumn colors, the scent of the crisp air, and soup.  Yes, soup.  I always call Autumn and winter "soup season".


Now that I am 95%+ raw vegan I am wondering how I will get through soup season without giant cauldrons of vegetable soup, potatoe soup, chili, chicken noodle and so many more that are accidental bowls of deliciousness.  I know there are several websites with raw soup recipes.  But I may also choose to make caulfrons of vegan soup and raw bread.


This will also be a great time to dehydrate crunchy snacks like kale chips, crackers, and chip chips.  I am gathering winter recipes that use seasonal produce, such as persimmons and pumpkin.


So here's to soup season!  Sweaters and swirling leaves and walks in the park!  Enjoy the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...