Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rawkin' it Raw

I have been <partially> raw for about a year and a half.  Just recently I started on a journey for 11 weeks to be 100% raw.  Have I been perfect?  Nope!  Am I carrying any guilt?  Double nope!!  I've decided that if I choose to eat something that is going to make me feel like doo-doo later, that's my own fault.  I didn't have to the SAD food but I chose to.

Yesterday I was 100% raw.  It felt so right.  Even when we went through McD's drive-through I didn't order and I didn't feel like I was missing anything.  I just drank my juice and ate a big chunk of sweet watermelon.

I like that people call "going raw" a journey.  It isn't necessarily the end result it's all the processes, and knowledge acquired, and people you meet, and things you do along the.  I don't want to arrive at the end in pristine condition.  I want to come to a screeching halt with hair flying and mascara smudged yelling, "WOW!  That's was one heck of a ride!"

I'm not perfect.  I'm forgiven by God (not for eating a cheeseburger instead of carrots, but all the other stupid stuff I do) and I am forgiven by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...