Saturday, August 21, 2010

Five Week Journey

We've all heard it said that if you do something, anything you want to make a habit, for two weeks it will become ingrained in you.  Well, it took longer than two weeks for me, more like five weeks.  Deciding to go 100% is the best decision for me.  Not only am I healthier but I believe I am leading my family by example and they are making small steps to making healthier choices.

This is the beginning of week six.  It is easier to drink juices and smoothies and eat the occasional food to fill in the empty spots.  It was a long road to get here.  I found it is impossible on my own strength.  A new friend on Raw Food Rehab reminded that I can do nothing apart from God.  And that would include eating better.  This past week it has really hit me that I need God to help me on the raw food journey as much as I need Him in every area of my life.

There are so many successes in such a short time.

1)  I have released six pounds (doesn't sound like much but that was all in one week)

2)  I have tons of energy

3)  food is no longer my emotional security blanket

4)  meat no long tastes good

5)  I actually crave greens, green juices, and smoothies

6)  my hair is very healthy

7)  my fingernails are getting harder and stronger

8)  my allergies are gone

9)  my IBS is GONE!

10)  I don't need deodorant like I used to

This is enough of a reason to continue on this journey.  I wish the rest of my family could feel as good as I do.  But I can only make decisions for myself.  What is keeping you from having great successes in your life?  Are you sure it isn't your food?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...