Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sabotage! and Organized Eating

I don't know why it happens.  Things seem to be going okay (food-wise), losing weight and inches, feeling good, and... KAPOW!  It happens.  A weak moment.  Something slips past the lips and begins a downward spiral of SAD gnoshing and munching that I seem powerless to stop.  




I have been on a junk food binge for a couple weeks and I cannot seem to get off.  I have smoothie makings and made a great fennel, apple, raisin salad the other day.  What makes me crave stuff that is so bad for me?  Why am I so powerless to resist?  I know what it does to me and how it makes me feel.  


I feel like Paul.  I do what I don't want to do and don't do what I know I need to do.  


I have some great fresh foods in the house.  Perhaps if I were better organized in my eating.  Instead of winging my meals, which is easy to do when you cook food, it isn't the best thing for fresh raw foods because there is often prep-time involved.  


That's it... I need to be better organized.  Not necessarily better stocked, just better planning with what I have.  I have never been good at planning ahead and that trait often causes me some stress.



That will be my one goal for the week.  Better planning with my food.  Instead of a drive-thru I'll
have a packed cooler.  One step at a time.  Rome wasn't built in a day and I sure can't change a
lifetime of bad habits overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...